My dad thinks it's a brain tumor...

Quote:
Its okay, you didnt know what to do.. and none of us on here are aviary vets (that I know of) we were all just trying to think of what "could" help her. We all tried to do one thing, help your chicken. Its not your fault.. dont be too hard on yourself.

Quote:
Lance your own flesh and let me know if it "hurts a little."

nurse_turtle with all due respect your being a little aggressive and mean. These people are just trying to help this chicken and her owner. I appreciate your concern for the chicken and I do think you know what your talking about in regards to cancer, but please use a nicer more friendly tone. Were on this thread for a reason and thats because we love poultry and specifically chickens.

And good luck sugar im praying for you to pull through!
fl.gif

Quote:
If it were a brain tumour it wouldn't be hanging off her head like that, you wouldn't even be able to see it. Creatures die from brain tumours because they cause too much pressure inside of the skull as they grow, this one is outside the skull and therefore not a brain tumour.

Maybe find the email address of a avian vet in your state and email them the photos, explaining that your too far away to visit. Also tell them you tried lancing it etc and send picks of that too. They might be able to advise some medication or treatment that you can ask your local vet to order in for you.

Moochie, do you have access to the base vet? She told me she is willing to see chickens. She knows avian and large animal medicine. Last time I was in there she said she would be willing to see the goats and even chickens if I needed. I know you have to be military, active or retired to go there, but if your family is eligible maybe you could give the a call in the morning.

Quote:
As I stated I cannot euthanize her right this second. Sugar and I are going to have to wait until the morning. If she can make it I will call the base vet Nosey is talking about. And I can't kill with my hands.

Quote:
Do you know her name?

Im pretty sure there's just one vet there. Just call and ask if she'll see a chicken. It is hard to get in but they might be able to see her. They arent there every day because she works on another base too.

Last edited:
Coryza??? It very well could be treated with antibiotics for Coryza.. Sulmet.. (give it a shot)
It looks like Coryza!!!! Get Gallimyacin or sulmet and get it treated... It is highly contageous....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom