My dad's big bad boy

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bantam Bodon, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Bantam Bodon

Bantam Bodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    This is my dad's rooster, it attacks him on a daily basis, and it has got me twice. My dad does want chicks this year, the thing is he has another rooster so this one is better watch out!
    [​IMG]
    He's cock of the walk and he knows it.

2. lovemychicks2much

lovemychicks2much Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    Quote:I dont deal with them attacking people i will put them in thier place real quick they have to know whos boss after a coule fo times him landing across the pen or field he would stop that attacking

3. Bantam Bodon

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    haha, he has a date with the chopping block, its just not set yet.

4. Please read rooster-red (user ID) post and BYC pages on this matter.

You will fnd yourself with a better behaved roo and extend his life.

I have a very large giant standard Cochin roo that loves to get you while you have turned your back to him.

My wife now chases him down until she can grap the little turd and throws him into the kiddy pool. Boy, he just hates the dip in the pool.

I really like him cause he is HUGE and very cool looking. He is manageable and he and I have an understanding. He rarely attacks me anymore. I still suprise him by picking him up and walking around with him. Better than the pool I bet.

5. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    he looks quite plump... better do it now before he loose weight chasing hens.

6. Bantam Bodon

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    Thats what i found strange, while he is obviously in charge, leads them everywhere, constantly crowing, attacking people and i even saw him chase a squirrel away from the group the other day, the other rooster is the one that seems to be doing all of the mating. Is that weird?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by