1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My days off *pics*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cat1994, Feb 15, 2013.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Being a full time college student while holding down three jobs can be a lot to handle (my friends think I’m crazy lol). Add that I’m soul care taker of every single animal on the farm, and saying I’m busy suddenly seems like an understatement, but it’s a good busy and I wouldn't’t trade a second of it for the world. But everyone enjoys a day off and I’m no different!! I get so much done and I can slow down and smell the meadow muffins and realize just how blessed I am that I have all these critters to come home to.

Here are some pics I got while enjoying my day off
    [​IMG]
    Lil Big Man one of my sweet roos
    [​IMG]
    My lil SLW chicks
    [​IMG]
    My flock of Silkies
    [​IMG]
    My pair of Grey Calls

I have a lot more pics (like of my cows, horses, and pigs...) but I decided to stop while I was ahead lol

2. Frizzle13

Frizzle13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    ah lovely pics i luv calls and is that a japenese bantam roo

3. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Yeah Calls would have to be my all time favorite breed of duck. I started with just a few white ducks and now I breed Grey, Blue Fawn, White, and Black Bibbed
    [​IMG]
    That’s right Lil Big Man is a Black Tailed White Japanese Bantam roo. He is so sweet to his hefty girls lol
    [​IMG]

4. Cute!

I want to breed calls so bad! No one in the area has eggs, sadly!

5. Frizzle13

Frizzle13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    yeah i am getting a trio of apricots in spring but want to eventually branch out

6. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    Beautiful pics! I never really thought about having ducks til I saw your cute little Call Ducks. Are they hard to care for? They look small full grown which would be perfect to have a few in my backyard....hmmmm! My hubby would kill me if I ask him to build a duck pen....[​IMG]

7. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Well they aren’t really all that different from other ducks. I have to make sure they always have deep enough water so they can wash out their nostrils or else they can get a sinus infection (I lost one to a sinus infection that went all wrong when I first got into Calls) but really that should always be there for a duck. I love these lil guys cuz I can have so many more then if I had bigger ducks. Plus they generally make good moms. I love the fact that I can let my girls brood their own babies up. I just have to make sure to only let them have 5-7 eggs cuz my girls aren’t big enough to cover anymore eggs completely.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by