My DH is so nice!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by sara, Feb 11, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Yesterday my DH framed out my nursery/broody coop in the barn. I am going to work on putting the chicken wire on this afternoon while Travis naps. I'm so excited about it. It's two sections. One I plan to use for broody hens, but currently it's going to be a temporary coop for the lavender bantams. The other side is going to be for babies once they outgrow the brooder. I'll have to post pictures after I get the wire on. It's nothing fancy, but just what I wanted! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  2. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    That great! It is so nice to have some extra pens so you can accomodate all ages and situations. Having a broody pen is so nice. You don't have to worry about their safety, they are snug and cozy.

I know how happy you must be! It is amazing how happy we can be over some lumber and chickenwire!
    [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sara, you know my setup and you'll be happy with the versitility of that.

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I added a picture! It's working out great. The babies go out as soon as the lavenders are in there alone for their 30 days. [​IMG] The left third is where the lavenders are, but eventually be a pen for broodys. The right 2/3 is the baby section.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  5. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    MY DH built me a nursery in the coop also and it was wonderful to move the mother and chicks into it after they hatched. After a day in the run I say "Butterscotch go home", and she heads right in with chicks in tow.

DeeDee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by