My DH's Attempt To Build MY "Dream Coop"

WOW!
thumbsup.gif
WOW!
clap.gif
WOW!
yippiechickie.gif

Out of the THOUSANDS of pictures I have ever looked at for coop ideas..... THIS ONE IS THE MOST PERFECT I'VE EVER SEEN!!! I often search Google images for pictures of chicken coops, and i've saved hundreds for future use when I want to develop plans for a new coop, and this is by far the best setup!

The roof idea over the run is INGENIOUS!

And the setup with the room to add the porch is just awesome!!

I dont know how your going to do it, but you have GOT to post plans, or where you got the plans!!

Well, my DH does CAD design stuff for his job so he designed the plans on the computer with the CAD program. Once he got to the actual building part, not everything dimensionally worked out as perfect as it did on paper, but it wasn't anything that he couldn't tweak. I'll see if he still has the plans and if I can somehow post them.

I would recommen putting wire under the perch though, and down the side so that birds can't crawl underneath there while other birds are roosting on top. Number one, you'd have dirty birds in the morning, and number two if birds have access to a poop pit like that they are more susceptible to disease and illness.

WOW! That is quite a work of art! Nice goin'. I have a question tho. On the part of the roof that overhangs the outside run, will you install rain gutter to keep the water from cascading down into the run? I can't tell if that's gonna be a problem or not from the photos. I really like your design. I wish I could have a coop that large.

Back
Top Bottom