My doctor wants me to do whaa-a-at?!?

Yeah, I'd second getting a temporary chicken-sitter, just until you get off the drug. A lot of things, you have to get off of kind of slowly. May I ask what it is, or what it's for?

Lemme tell ya, though. Side effects or no, I am fully in favor of taking medication when meds are needed. I have low blood pressure, hypothyroidism, and endometriosis, and I'm on meds for all three. Without those, I would be, respectively, unable to get up for long without passing out, constantly exhausted and heavily depressed, and in severe pain every month. Yay for modern medicine!

I'm no doctor but from my understanding that's inhalation of fungal spores . Could you hire someone to clean the coop and area for you to remove as much mold as possible (or maybe even do a swab test to see if it's even coming from the coop, it could be coming from the house or another area, it can come from the soil so maybe removing chickens might not solve the problem). And maybe wear a face mask when you are out there yourself? Also keeping the area dry, UV light etc helps remove mold.

Just some ideas. Hope all works out for you.

I have to say, you all have touched me very deeply. You've given me validation when I was doubting myself. Thanks to each of you!

It's tough to make a material difference through the internet but emotional support we can and do give to you.

Come back when you need a new lift! And be sure to let us know if finding a temporary nanny for your chickens helps.

There are a couple things you can do to help keep you safer around your chickens incase they are really going to be a problem. Mask and gloves or chicken nanny/coup cleaner.
I was told once to get rid of my show dogs cuz one jump on me could possibly kill me. I have a rare blood disease called ITP. Never got rid in my dogs. I kept showing and breeding and even got more dogs and a pot belly pig. That was over 30 years ago. Still have the ITP off and on and any animal I want. Had I died by my dogs I would have died happy. Keep the chickens and take precautions.

Back
Top Bottom