My dog attacked my chicken!!

I took some pictures of Madame Sunni just now. She is back to cruising around the house (with extreme supervision now). We still tube fed her this morning, but she is starting to get her aim back and managed to eat just a few pellets last night and this morning. She jumped up onto her roost at bedtime by herself, and jumped down this morning without any stumbling or dizziness. Every day I am seeing more improvements from her. She was even scratching and pecking through her shavings in her coop this morning. Today is day 4 since the incident with our dog.

She has a few scuffs along the right side of her beak, and a small scratch just above her left waddle. I don't know if you can see it in the photos, but she has a bruise just behind her eye on the left side that spreads down to her ear. The bruise is from the small puncture wound that she has on the top of her head. You can't really see it unless you lift up her feathers, but the bruise is dark greenish blue and spreads over most of the top of her head.
sad.png
Earlier our dog jumped down from the couch and she growled and hissed at him, so she's definitely scared of him. I want be letting him anywhere near her, or her anywhere near him anymore. I can tell by the way our dog looks at her that he's sorry, but I don't trust him.
hmm.png

(right side)

(left side)

(you can kind of see the bruise in this photo)

She's a doll.

Thanks so much for the suggestions and support through this whole thing with Sunni. She is doing great. She is almost completely like her normal self. She is terrified of the dog, and she gets really scared if I leave the room without her, so she has been sticking to me like glue. Which is kind of a good thing because it makes it easier for me to keep an eye on her.

She has lost some noticeable weight since she was attacked by the dog on the 17th, so I'm still tube feeding her morning and evening until she starts eating enough on her own. She does eat small amounts, but not enough to sustain her yet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom