My Duck Ate . . . Something

sad.png
RIP Quackers
hugs.gif

I am so sorry. May she rest in peace. You are a great duck Mom, she was lucky to have you. I hope you heal soon.

So sorry for the loss of Quackers. I am thankful the vet was able to try everything though.

I am so sad to read that Quackers did not make it.

I got so excited reading that the vets wanted to give it a try any way. They probably gained a LOT of GREAT knowledge working on Quackers, knowledge that will help other birds in the future. Quackers will be bringing good things to others.
wink.png
big_smile.png

I think you should send the Vets office a nice thank you.

I did that in the past, sent a basket of goodies along with a plant. That plant lived on the receptions desk for a long time to come!
love.gif

If it is showing up bright white on an X-ray it is metal. Rocks will show up a bit whiter than bone but not nearly as white as metal. Metal has much more attenuation of X-ray photons than either rock or bone. That why when you go for an X-ray they will have you to remove jewelry, dentures, clothing with metal etc.

Also if she was given barium but not taking in a lot of fluid/water the barium becomes an issue because the colon will absorb the moisture from the barium leaving the remaining barium to set up much like concrete in the bowel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom