My duck blue swedish is laying eggs

Do you have a drake? Without one, you wont have fertile eggs.
Can I ask why you are expecting her to go broody? Many domestic ducks will never go broody. Just because she is laying eggs doesn't mean she is going to hatch them. Domestic ducks don't have a season where they will lay a clutch of eggs to hatch them. They will lay year round, only taking a break in winter to molt.
You will know if she is broody if she is flattened on her nest all day, hissing when you approach her. If she is acting normal, she is not broody and there is no point in leaving the eggs out. The eggs will just spoil sitting outside.
Yes, I have a male duck that is been in be with her all the time and mating almost every day. So should I take does eggs and put them apart and on a box with light to hatch myself? Or what to do then?

If you really want ducklings this year you will have to incubate them. She may go broody later this year or next spring when she is a bit older, but right now the best way to guarantee ducklings is to incubate them.
This is day 11, I still on time to save them? How I can incubate them. Don't have a clue. A box with a light?

A box with a light will work if you can keep it at 99-100 degrees. I've also seen using a heating pad on high in box to get the right temperature. There are lot's of great DIY incubator designs!

The eggs should still be okay at day 11. She will be laying more and you can always pick fresher ones too.
Thanks 😊

You’ve got options, the highest rate of return will probably be in an incubator. I would guess my Blue girls would be pretty decent moms but I’ve never had really good luck with all the ducklings surviving with their mother. They get squashed easily and are extremely fragile when young.
I don’t know how successful a light bulb would be either? Surely it would work but keeping even temperature, egg turning and proper humidity especially is critical. If they get too dry you can have all kinds of problems.
I really appreciate your response. Thanks 👍

Do you have a drake? Without one, you wont have fertile eggs.
Can I ask why you are expecting her to go broody? Many domestic ducks will never go broody. Just because she is laying eggs doesn't mean she is going to hatch them. Domestic ducks don't have a season where they will lay a clutch of eggs to hatch them. They will lay year round, only taking a break in winter to molt.
You will know if she is broody if she is flattened on her nest all day, hissing when you approach her. If she is acting normal, she is not broody and there is no point in leaving the eggs out. The eggs will just spoil sitting outside.
I really appreciate your response. Thanks 👍

Back
Top Bottom