My duck can't walk

:welcome When giving Niacin it isn't a quick fix it can take days weeks or months depending on how long the duck has had the problem.
I'm not familiar with Ad3e can you explain what this is?
Where do you keep your duck and what kind of bedding or ground is the duck on?
We do realize in other parts of the world people feed differently than we do and wheat is a good source of feed but at his age he does need the extra niacin. 10 mg per day.
here is info on feeding wheat.
https://happyfarmyard.com/can-ducks-eat-wheat/
I'd make sure wheat is his main source of diet with the other things you mentioned as treats.
people who have poultry in Iran feed this mainly as their chicken, ducks ,geese diet? or is there chicken feed too?
Yes here we have chicken pellets...i gave him pellets too....but one of my friends told me that i can give wheat and potato and ... Without salt or oil. We keep him in a box but we let him go out and walk in our house on carpet and also on the roof of our house. He used to eat pallet and potato...but not special duck pellet. And this syrup is the only thing containing niacin here(AD3E) i gave him one drop in water.

Attachments

• 20231030_163336.jpg
    20231030_163336.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231030_163330.jpg
    20231030_163330.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 10
is that what it says to give just 1 drop? Keep it up because he needs the niacin. Maybe 2 drops?

I have amixed flock and so I feed chicken pellets and add Nutritional yeast to their feed and if one has a limp or trouble walking they get Liquid B complex until they are over it.

I'd try pellets along with wheat mixed together and see how he does on it. I have heard potatoes with out skin and salt is also okay to feed them. But potatoes are a starch so I wouldn't over do on the potatoes. My flock loves tomatoes Romaine lettuce and other things like watermelon and pumpkin but they are all offered as a treat.

If you can get Epsom salt you might give him some warm soaks in it to see if it helps his feet and leg that was injured. And also warm baths where he can paddle around and get his leg muscles strengthened. {don't let him drink the Salt water though.]
What breed is your duck?if you don't know post a picture and maybe we can help.

is that what it says to give just 1 drop? Keep it up because he needs the niacin. Maybe 2 drops?

I have amixed flock and so I feed chicken pellets and add Nutritional yeast to their feed and if one has a limp or trouble walking they get Liquid B complex until they are over it.

I'd try pellets along with wheat mixed together and see how he does on it. I have heard potatoes with out skin and salt is also okay to feed them. But potatoes are a starch so I wouldn't over do on the potatoes. My flock loves tomatoes Romaine lettuce and other things like watermelon and pumpkin but they are all offered as a treat.

If you can get Epsom salt you might give him some warm soaks in it to see if it helps his feet and leg that was injured. And also warm baths where he can paddle around and get his leg muscles strengthened. {don't let him drink the Salt water though.]
What breed is your duck?if you don't know post a picture and maybe we can help.
Actually the seller didn't know how much should i give but he told me some drops in the water...
And I've never heard about epsom salt..I'm not sure about its breed! But he has blue green wings and green head (sorry this picture is for when he was 3 months. I'll send new photoes for you too dear🌹)

Attachments

• 20230912_195944_Burst01.jpg
    20230912_195944_Burst01.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 7
i was also going to say that maybe he needs more than one drop and maybe it can go in his food instead of the water and make sure he gets all of it
Ok I'll try
Thanks sweetheart:hugs
I give him more vitamins
Are there any natural niacin fruits or...? I give him eggs too

Mine don't care for them either. If he'll eat scrambled eggs that is really good for him.
Your duck maybe a Mallard or a Rouen, Rouens are large breeds Mallards are small
Omg thanks love🌹🌺 I'll try to send better pics of him...I'm worried about his feet😭I'll get him egg too

Back
Top Bottom