My duck/chicken life

Pics
There are dozens of wives tales about "how not to be bothered by onions" such as breath through your mouth, not your nose, hold a slice of bread in your mouth, etc...

In all reality, dicing them up, slicing them, etc doesn't really bother most people. Every now and again, you'll come across one that is extremely strong, but not that often. I don't grow them for two reasons... 1) I'm miserable at it. 2) I use too many and it just doesn't make sense. I go through 3-5 pounds a week. And depending on what I'm cooking, I use Sweet (aka low acid), dried/yellow (high acid) or Red. I don't often use white as they aren't as flavorful as Vidalias or their look a likes. They are actually one of my favorite aromatics. btw, did I mention I like to cook? :gig

There are dozens of wives tales about "how not to be bothered by onions" such as breath through your mouth, not your nose, hold a slice of bread in your mouth, etc...

In all reality, dicing them up, slicing them, etc doesn't really bother most people. Every now and again, you'll come across one that is extremely strong, but not that often. I don't grow them for two reasons... 1) I'm miserable at it. 2) I use too many and it just doesn't make sense. I go through 3-5 pounds a week. And depending on what I'm cooking, I use Sweet (aka low acid), dried/yellow (high acid) or Red. I don't often use white as they aren't as flavorful as Vidalias or their look a likes. They are actually one of my favorite aromatics. btw, did I mention I like to cook? :gig
Onions make my eyes sting even when I'm in another room.

Back
Top Bottom