My duck fell from 4 stairs what should i do?

Naiva80512

Chirping
Jul 22, 2023
I got distracted and my drake fell from 4 stairs(He jump and fell on one stair and after that fell from other and so on) the height is something like 1 meter(4 stairs in total)..I'm afraid he got injuries on his internal organs or leg...he seems fine rn with some minor issues on his leg..what should I do to help him?

What minor injuries to his leg? is he limping? What breed? Is he eating and drinking without any trouble? He might be sore from the fall but hopefully nothing serious I've seen mine crash land and I cringe thinking oh my they are hurt then they get up and waddle off. Sometimes with a limp for a while.

What minor injuries to his leg? is he limping? What breed? Is he eating and drinking without any trouble? He might be sore from the fall but hopefully nothing serious I've seen mine crash land and I cringe thinking oh my they are hurt then they get up and waddle off. Sometimes with a limp for a while.
He limps a little and he eats and drink well...He's an anacona..he seems fine for now and I didn't check his leg carefully cause he already went through a lot this morning...from distance it looks OK

When you get a chance you should pick him up and check his leg out real good. Make sure everything feels like the other one. and look for any abrasions that may need to be treated.

Any updates on him this afternoon?

When you get a chance you should pick him up and check his leg out real good. Make sure everything feels like the other one. and look for any abrasions that may need to be treated.

Any updates on him this afternoon?
Tnx I will check his leg asap...He seems fine..I will update u if I found any injuries on his leg

That is great they are pretty resilient.
Fortunately they are stronger than chickens LoL..I checked his legs..They were fine and he walks normally(a little bit heavier and slower than before)..I guess he will be totally fine in two or three days..Tnx for ur comments

Back
Top Bottom