My duck has Bumblefoot

@Amiga , which Duramycin do you recommend? It seems there are a lot of different ones...
hu.gif

@Amiga
, which Duramycin do you recommend? It seems there are a lot of different ones... :confused:

Hi, I am not a medication expert, but from what I know, the differences are in strength. The concentration of actual medicine can vary, and that information is important because to do it right there needs to be a correspondence between weight of duck and amount of medicine. There are charts and guidelines. @casportpony has looked up links. There are some threads where she has shared those.

This device will not tag people so if you want to tag her, you need to do so.

Hi, I am not a medication expert, but from what I know, the differences are in strength. The concentration of actual medicine can vary, and that information is important because to do it right there needs to be a correspondence between weight of duck and amount of medicine. There are charts and guidelines. @casportpony has looked up links. There are some threads where she has shared those.

This device will not tag people so if you want to tag her, you need to do so.
Okay. Thank you!

That looks like there may be a splinter in there. I would see if that is the case and remove that with tweezers first if there is one.

There is a method that requires no wrapping, no cutting.

I would use the foot soak and clear iodine method - worth a try - see how it goes for about ten days, then review and adjust treatment if needed.

If the duck's legs seem rather warm, I would also start Duramycin oral antibiotic to protect from systemic infection.

Here is the link to the description of the clear iodine method. Because so many people get a little confused, please bear with me as I point out a few things... The iodine is clear iodine. Not brown. The iodine is placed on the bumble, just maybe 3 drops, right after soaking and drying the feet. Blow on the iodine to dry it. Keep the little one in a safe, relatively clean place during treatment. The feet are soaked, then the iodine applied once. Then 5 or 6 days later, the feet are soaked again and checked. If the scab that should have formed starts to come loose fairly easily, it can be pulled off. In an advanced case this may need to be repeated.

Okay, now the link.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/560693/need-input-on-bumblefoot-treatment-in-ducks/20

Please look at post 22
I can't find any information on clear iodine. I ended up finding decolorized iodine. Is this the same thing? I noticed that one of my ducks has bumblefoot today, and am looking to treat asap.

Back
Top Bottom