My duck has Green Poop... should I go to the vet? (PICS)

Weigh at least once a day on a food scale. Weigh in grams.

When starting to tube, give 2-3 ml per 100 grams (9-14 ml per pound) and do this 2-4 times a day. Start with this amount and work your way up to 5 ml per 100 grams (23 ml per pound) 2-4 times a day.

Weigh at least once a day on a food scale. Weigh in grams.

When starting to tube, give 2-3 ml per 100 grams (9-14 ml per pound) and do this 2-4 times a day. Start with this amount and work your way up to 5 ml per 100 grams (23 ml per pound) 2-4 times a day.
Booby is 3.5 lb omg i definitely overshot it with the 60 mL it was mainly water but I’ll be sure to do smaller dose next time I feed him.
If I gave him 1/4-1/3 of his normal daily food intake mixed with water (all together 60mL) at 8pm, when should I give his next feeding?

It could just be from eating grass. My nephew freaked out and thought his ducks were pooping blood. I reminded him that they had been eating watermelon, I don't know if I would worry yet. Before you take Booby to the vet check the vet out with other duck owners, many around me don't have a clue.
That was my initial thought a few days ago too but he hasnt touched grass for at least 2 days and his poop looks like this still. He’s been on antibiotics for about 36 hrs and there no change. He’s also not eating unless you count his bedding that he was stress nibbling on which you can kinda see in his stool here (smeared bc i had to wipe up, he missed the towel lol)
0F175916-6FF0-4B44-B3F7-2B99129B3E07.jpeg

Took him to the only vet that would see me (he COVID vet backlog is crazy right now its impossibpe to get an appointment anywhere) and after two visits and a phone consult with my old vet they agree something is definitely wrong with the little guy :(

@casportpony @KaleIAm the vet specified that if i didnt see improvement on antibiotic, then i should treat for coccidiosis. How long do I wait before I make the call on his progress? Should I preventatively treat coccidiosis anyway, would that require something like panacur or corid?

poor booby’s eyes are starting to look like an old dogs, i dont quite know how to describe it they look normal no discharge no nothing they just look off

Oh gosh maybe too much went into his crop and he brought some up. I had that happen with a bantam cochin hen when I gave her calcium gluconate, But she got okay. Give him some time and hopefully he'll clear it out. I don't know if there is anything you can do. Hopefully some real help will be here very soon. :hugs

My little hen shook her head some and that seemed to help.

Oh gosh maybe too much went into his crop and he brought some up. I had that happen with a bantam cochin hen when I gave her calcium gluconate, But she got okay. Give him some time and hopefully he'll clear it out. I don't know if there is anything you can do. Hopefully some real help will be here very soon. :hugs

My little hen shook her head some and that seemed to help.
Now im worried like what if i put it down the wrong side ? i def put it down the right hole but im freaking out

his breathing is labored and gurgly oh god

Back
Top Bottom