my duck left how do i get her home plz help!!!

no not clipped I didn't even know she could fly,lol she always walk or ran. when she did fly it was only for a couple feet

(Oh, btw MLyd, 2 new ducklings are hatching...) aww baby ducks, be sure to post pics in the Scovy thread.

Please let us know if you get her and maybe bring her home with her new friend.
smile.png
If she is use to eating bread from your hand then maybe you'll be able to get her close enough to pick up.
fl.gif
Sure hope so.
Muscovy's especially females are great fliers.

Last edited:
I'd consider a water rescue as noted by Amiga.

Regarding how you keep her home, here's my story in case it may work for you.

I have two Mallard Drakes, Speedy and Mr. Peepers.

Early on Speedy would be the one who escaped often while Mr. Peepers always stayed put.

I ended up clipping Speedy's wings and used him as an anchor (so to speak) for Mr. Peepers to 'hang around'.

Was it because Speedy was clipped that Mr. Peepers stayed around, who knows but it worked for me, so far (3 years).

Because I moved to a new location I decided to clip both of their wings so I have no idea if this method will work beyond their next molt when they again get their flight feathers back.

Either way, I wish you all the best in recovering your Muscovy home.

(Oh, btw MLyd, 2 new ducklings are hatching...) aww baby ducks, be sure to post pics in the Scovy thread.

Please let us know if you get her and maybe bring her home with her new friend.
smile.png
If she is use to eating bread from your hand then maybe you'll be able to get her close enough to pick up.
fl.gif
Sure hope so.
Muscovy's especially females are great fliers.
Will post, yes.
And Petsin, I´m quite sure your duck will be back when she´s ready. She´s very pretty.

thank you,

I got a net today had several try's to get her but she is still out there the male leave her every night she isn't leaving the pond she is even sleeping on a old log in the pond its going to be 24 degrees to night I have brought my other fowl into the grange hope she will be ok I will go and see her in the morning.

Well she came back!!! But although she is acting the same towards use she isn't to the other ducks. After I clipped her wings and let her go she chased the male duck all around the yard till she pined him there was no blood but they were biting and flopping around. She tried to do that the pekin but she won't let her so now she has been chasing them around the coop all night. Why is she doing this?????

I reckon she´s broody. She´s found her guy down there at the pond, so she´s either started to make a nest down by the pond, and she´s just come back for a visit, or she´s looking to make a nest at home where she feels secure. Trouble, is, the other ducks need to be put in their place first. She´s let the drake know that he´s not the one for her, as she now has her guy, and the little duck has learned to give her space. I reckon she´s just a hormonal grump.
Is she able to come and go as she pleases, or did you clip her wings? My ducks here come and go as they wish, but make their nests on my land where they know there´s food and security. Then I get this:
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom