my duck left how do i get her home plz help!!!

petsinstyle2007

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 5, 2014
I have 3 ducks a female pekin, a male Rouen and a female Muscovy. there was a bad rain storm 2 days ago and my female Muscovy disappeared. I had looked everywhere and today I found her at the pond down the street with a male Muscovy. I tried to get her but she has become skittish. she is following the male everywhere and wont leave his side. how do I get here back and get her to stay here. I have had her for 4 years and this has never happen the only thing that has changed is I add a the female pekin 6 months ago.

Oh, those wacky ducks!!!!!

Welcome to the Duck Forum!

I suppose you could treat this like a duck rescue and get a few friends and some plastic poultry fence and some waders or a kayak and herd her into the fence to nab her. Tricky since she can probably fly, unless her wings are clipped.

I can't make any predictions. She stayed near for four years, but unless she is restricted somehow, I don't see how it might not happen again, Maybe for right now just think about getting her home and cross the next bridge when we come to it.

still working on that I cant get her to come out of the water. went out there before dark she was still there with him they are stay a arm length away.

Back
Top Bottom