My duck may be a genius

Callender Girl

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 18, 2018
North Central Iowa
My runner ducks eat out of an old frying pan, which I had just filled this morning before I went off to feed sheep and goats.

When I returned minutes later, one of the runners had laid her egg in the pan. Clearly, she doesn't understand the finer points of preparation, but she knows I eat duck eggs for breakfast. Although I use a different pan!

However, one of her less-brilliant sisters apparently laid an egg underneath the old pick-up truck before I put them to bed last night. Good thing I spotted it before I scrambled it when I have to drive into town this morning.

My runner ducks eat out of an old frying pan, which I had just filled this morning before I went off to feed sheep and goats.

When I returned minutes later, one of the runners had laid her egg in the pan. Clearly, she doesn't understand the finer points of preparation, but she knows I eat duck eggs for breakfast. Although I use a different pan!

However, one of her less-brilliant sisters apparently laid an egg underneath the old pick-up truck before I put them to bed last night. Good thing I spotted it before I scrambled it when I have to drive into town this morning.
That's awesome!:lau

That’s hilarious!

Definitely brighter than my Pekins. Lovely fluffy affectionate ducks they are, but it's more likely that I will turn round after feeding them to find someone has pooped in the food bowl.

Back
Top Bottom