My Duck not standing properly and not eating

Dulzura

Songster
Aug 21, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
Hi there, hope you all fine.
One of my favorite duck not eating, drinking and standing properly from last 3 days, and now she is quite not talking as well. I'm very worried and scared.
I have attached her recent poop, please help me out 💔

Attachments

• IMG20210710041351.jpg
    IMG20210710041351.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG20210710100955.jpg
    IMG20210710100955.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 13
I am sorry your duck is not doing well. Is there anything else that is going on with duck? Does the duck have an injury? Is there anything new that has been introduced to the duck? If your duck is not eating and drinking you will want to consider tube feeding. I would go get the supplies if you don't have them on hand. They can be difficult to aquire sometimes and when you need them, you need them quickly. Here is the info on tube feeding.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ng-guide-pictures-under-construction.1064392/

I am tagging some other people that know more than me and can help as well.
@Isaac 0 @Miss Lydia @casportpony

From last night she start drinking again, she don't have any injury but she is facing a problem in standing and moving her neck to back ( her neck is like a spring) 😔, her poop is not well doing all time dark green.
I'm giving her zelta feed( recommended by vet), electrolytes, tomatoes, banana, rices, cerelac, lysovit syrup ( 1 litre water with 3 spoons) some grains as well. This is her normal diet. But from last 4 days she is just drinking water.
@Miss Lydia yes yesterday i take her to a vet, and he said it's because of dehydration and infection from other birds ( pigeons).

Attachments

• IMG20210711110225.jpg
    IMG20210711110225.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 10
She had laid eggs in month of april and may almost 12 eggs. But stops now from last 1 month.

I have attached a video of her how she swings her head.

I am sorry your duck is not doing well. Is there anything else that is going on with duck? Does the duck have an injury? Is there anything new that has been introduced to the duck? If your duck is not eating and drinkingnking you will want to consider tube feeding. I would go get the supplies if you don't have them on hand. They can be difficult to aquire sometimes and when you need them, you need them quickly. Here is the info on tube feeding.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ng-guide-pictures-under-construction.1064392/

I am tagging some other people that know more than me and can help as well.
@Isaac 0 @Miss Lydia @casportpony
Thanks for sharing this article. Very informative.
It's very difficult to Feed her like this way but let me try.
Actually she is very stubborn and Don't open her beak when ever i have tired to feed her.

Pigeons are in their area where you keep them? Any way you can keep them out?
I know here it's impossible to keep wild birds away but I do keep out wild bird feeders to keep them from eating out of my flocks feeders.

Is she on medication for the infection? Meds can make us lose our appetite so might that be the problem?

Pigeons are in their area where you keep them? Any way you can keep them out?
I know here it's impossible to keep wild birds away but I do keep out wild bird feeders to keep them from eating out of my flocks feeders.

Is she on medication for the infection? Meds can make us lose our appetite so might that be the problem?
Yes pigeon are there but i have changed her room now, and I'm trying to get rid of these pigeon.
She is now on medication for 2 weeks. Lets hope may this affect her.
The thing bothering me is how to handle her neck? Put a band on her neck is good to support any idea?
I have a male Pekin is fine and eating and drinking perfectly but for precautionary i have giving him same medicine.

Back
Top Bottom