My duck taped egg is chirping!!!**PICTURES**!!

OH........ I love me some DUCK TAPE!

Happyhens, if it's on the bottom, I would switch the scotch tape to duck tape. When it heats up the sticky part really stick and seals those cracks.

birds4me
lau.gif
that is too funny! I'll cross my fingers for a lavender baby
gig.gif

I'll have pics on as soon as the others hatch and I can open the bator! I have 3 lavender babies in there so far !!

I would NEVER have believed it... Duck tape saved the chick... ROFL Ok, now I know what to do when I do that...

Congrats on your chick. Hope she is the quality chick she seems to be starting out as!

Dave

I have two more to hatch and then I'll get the pics. Poor thing has shell stuck all over his back.

Honestly, I never thought it would work. I smelled the egg every day to make sure it wasn't going to explode in my incubator. I couldn't see through the duck tap to see if was moving, so the sniffer is all I had.

Now I need a special name for my Duck Tape Baby!

Suggestions?????????????????????

Quote:
I named my shrink wrapped chick Elmer (Elmers glue.....) I think Sniffer is a great name.

I kind of like Sniffer, you know that is the only egg I have ever sniffed on a daily basis (several times a day). Thought my sniffer would be worn out before it hatched, or my face covered by an exploding egg. OH..... that would have been horrible! My kdis thought I had lost it, sniffing that egg all the time.

When I think of Duct Tape, I think of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor. You can use any name from the old sitcom Home Improvement and do fine. Tim, Al, Wilson, Binford....

Last edited:
Quote:
I named my shrink wrapped chick Elmer (Elmers glue.....) I think Sniffer is a great name.

I kind of like Sniffer, you know that is the only egg I have ever sniffed on a daily basis (several times a day). Thought my sniffer would be worn out before it hatched, or my face covered by an exploding egg. OH..... that would have been horrible! My kdis thought I had lost it, sniffing that egg all the time.

I have a white silkie named Swiffer. You work with what you have.

Okay, so far it's between Sniffer and Wilson. If I name it Wilson it will probably be a Rooster and I want it to be a pullet
tongue.png
Although, it is nearing time to replace my Lav Boy! Hmmmmm......

Back
Top Bottom