My duckies

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Tikkajazz94, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm back from picking up my ducks. I feel like I rescued them. Their hatched September, and their feet and beaks are Pale. Their Skinnier than skinny, and their feathers are in bad condition.

I put them in the bath, and their alot happier and cleaner. My job is to start packing the pounds on them.

2. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Was someone watching them for you? Or are they new?

3. Tikkajazz94

Their new to me. I think the lady fed them ration, and less than what they should have. She has call ducks, and I feel worried for them a bit.

4. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Well, all you can do now is proceed slowly and feed them well. Just be careful with the amount of feed and what they are given. Birds that are underfed can gorge themselves and then you can have problems. Feed small amounts at a time if they are really scarfing it down.

5. momie8x

momie8x New Egg

Nov 23, 2012
    Hi, i have 2 pet ducks, i got them as ducklings and i have fed them softened puppy chow. they have grown very well and seem very healthy and happy. i cannot even get them to eat new food or foods made for birds!

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    puppy chow is definitely not a complete or proper diet for poultry and waterfowl. all flock, flock raiser, or waterfowl feed are all much better choices.

7. Tikkajazz94

Oh really? mmm

8. ChicagoDucks

ChicagoDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Chicago

I hope you are able to rehabilitate them. I am glad they are in better care now. Please be sure to post updates.

9. Tikkajazz94

Thanks, for sure I will. I'll be posting the updates on here. Info on how their doing, pictures and stuff.

10. Tikkajazz94

Hey guys, so I set up a box stall in the barn for these guys, which they'll be in there for 30 days. Then off to the duck house for them.They seem like the box stall is the biggest space they've had. I managed to sneak in there and take a few pictures. (Their Pekin ducks)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by