My duckling fell to its death and died in my arms....

hit.gif
So sorry. Such a beautiful duckling.
hugs.gif

Thank you so much everyone. I think if it died a peaceful death in its cage from natural causes I wouldn’t have felt AS bad as seeing it suffer and in shock like I did. I read that its common for ducklings to die naturally the first weeks of life so if any did die, I was expecting something painless. I’m still in shock after witnessing such a thing. I’ve never seen or watched anything die like that. All night I could see it shaking and then laying its head back in my hands and closing its eyes. I’m just thankful it didn’t suffer too long. It all happened within a minute, and then it was gone.

hit.gif
i am soo sorry. i am sitting here crying after reading that. i could not imagine how badly i would feel. just remember that he loved you a lot, and he was happy with you.
hit.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Its okay, i don't mind. I would do the same thing. non-poultry people don't seem to understand and plus, this community is so helpful and caring. i am so very sorry you lost your Baby. he was very beautiful and very loved. you did the best you could.
hugs.gif

This is really so sad to read and I'm sorry about it. The "what-ifs" are what really get you in times like these. I hope you won't feel guilty, you did nothing on purpose to harm that baby and unfortunately, accidents happen. Just try not to keep reliving it, which I know is so hard. I hope you can get pass this soon.
Take care...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom