My duckling is always hungry!!

I think he's Pekin

20190518-053747-1024x768.jpg

This time i mixed 1 egg and 2 braised carrot a and 1 cucumber. hopefully he accepted and ate all of it
he looks so much better now and it's almost 2 hours that he did not scream for food
I can feed him cocked Chicken meat? too much protein is not harmful for duckling??

Yes he can have chicken but he is going to need niacin. Specially being Pekin, try peas mixed in with his meals. Plus if you do tuna or fish based stuff has natural niacin in it as well. Duckies usually love peas and they have lots of niacin.

Yes he can have chicken but he is going to need niacin. Specially being Pekin, try peas mixed in with his meals. Plus if you do tuna or fish based stuff has natural niacin in it as well. Duckies usually love peas and they have lots of niacin.
What country are you in? There are members from all over the world here and maybe we can find someone in your country to give you food ideas.

What country are you in? There are members from all over the world here and maybe we can find someone in your country to give you food ideas.

Im from Iran (Persia)
in my country keeping ducks
as a home pet is not common.i can't even find niacin(B3) supplement, looks like it doesn't exist in here (third world problems)
I would appreciate if someone is from Iran and guides me

My duckling seems to be ok and well with new diet (chicken meat+egg+carrot+cucumbers)

thanks to everyone

Attachments

• 20190519_090452.jpg
    20190519_090452.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190519_090508.jpg
    20190519_090508.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 12
I'm not in Iran but also in where ducks are also not keep as pets.

I can still find vitamin B complex pills for humans at some drugstores, but what I used to use is nutritional yeast flakes (sold in only the most upscale mall in town) imported from the US. I bought human grade brewer's yeast before, but found the niacin content to be too low for the price, plus it's bitter so it's more difficult to get the ducks to eat it.

That being said, you might not need supplement after all. My previous 2 clutches of ducklings never needed supplement. I'd wait until I see a problem to start supplementing extra niacin.

Chicken meat is totally fine. It's one of the food with the highest niacin content actually, the chicken breast. I feed my ducks the cooked breast meat too, as a treat. I used to give them some eggs but upon 6 weeks old or so I stopped because I didn't want them to get used to the taste of eggs.

If you have duck feed or poultry feed, do give them that. If they're stubborn and don't eat just starve them. They won't let themselves starve to death I'm sure.

Im from Iran (Persia)
in my country keeping ducks
as a home pet is not common.i can't even find niacin(B3) supplement, looks like it doesn't exist in here (third world problems)
I would appreciate if someone is from Iran and guides me

My duckling seems to be ok and well with new diet (chicken meat+egg+carrot+cucumbers)

thanks to everyone
I haven't seen a member from Iran yet but that doesn't mean there aren't any. One the other day was from Turkey but that isn't exactly very near you. I will tag some members who've been here a long time to see if they know of anyone! :fl @Miss Lydia, @Pyxis
@casportpony @WannaBeHillBilly @Texas Kiki

I haven't seen a member from Iran yet but that doesn't mean there aren't any. One the other day was from Turkey but that isn't exactly very near you. I will tag some members who've been here a long time to see if they know of anyone! :fl
@Aliamelody is from Iran, but she has been silent for several months now… :(

Back
Top Bottom