My duckling needs a friend!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by secretquail, Aug 7, 2010.

1. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    I have a 3 day old duckling that is the lone survivor of a bad hatch. He needs a friend. I posted on the WTB section, but thought some of you might be able to help... I am in Raleigh/Duram/Chapel Hill area of NC. I'll drive a bit, and pay a fair price. I'l love another Appleyard, but also would love a WH, Saxony, Cayuga, Hookbill...along those lines. Hope someone can help! Thanks!!!

2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Find someone who can sex your baby so you get either another female or the opposite sex. It would be sad, if you ended up with two males.

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Well, I'm in Charlotte, NC, and have some ducklings, but it's a bit of a drive. I have three that I'm willing to part with, all hatched last weekend. I have had excellent luck introducing ducklings within two weeks of age of each other.

I am offering them for only $2.50 each because two of the four I'm selling are very small and scrawny-looking because their down never fluffed out. They are healthy and I believe they will be just fine, but they look funny. If you only want one, that would be fine too since he's going to have a friend. The full-sized fluffy ducklings are $5 each. But the little ones might be just what you need for your newborn.

I'm located close to I-85, so it's a convenient location once you get this far. If you google Byrum Drive, Charlotte, NC 28217 it will give you a good idea where I'm located (that's not actually my street, just the general area--I'll send you an address if you decide to come). You can email me at heather at careyhead dot net, or PM me here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by