It’s me again! My 24 hour old duckling appears to have the hobbles. She can’t walk. 💔 Help Needed Please. 🙏

AmyA248

Songster
Jun 20, 2022
Good morning friends,

Happy Sunday.💕

So, my assisted hatch baby seems to have the hobbles. I didn’t even know what that was without the help of Miss Lydia!
Baby can’t walk, she just scoots. And one foot is all wrinkled and twisted.

She just lays flat on her belly but get around, eats, drinks and poops.
She’s a lone duckling because my others are much older and I don’t feel confident putting her with them yet.

I’m having so many problems and becoming exhausted. I’ve had to assist all 4 staggered ages of my eggs so far.
It’s scary and I still have 10 eggs in the incubator to go!

Anyway, I’ve been watching YouTube because I thought it was sprayed leg, but it’s not, her legs don’t go out from under her in a split, she just hobbles around but can’t stand at all.

There’s problems are never ending and I’m sure your quite tired of hearing from me, and I’m so sorry but I’m still learning and you all have taught me everything I know!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Love & Blessings. 🙏

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 3
Maybe you should try a splint? It looks to me like a small case of splayed leg. But I’m not the one who watched the videos so I’m not sure
Hi!

Thank you for your reply. 🥰
It’s not splayed leg, her legs do not go into a “split” she seems to have the hobbles. She “scoots” and can’t bear weight on her legs or stand.
One foot is stuck together and not spread out normally, so I have to make a “boot” to spread out her toes.
She’s active, eating, drinking, peeping like crazy and loves to snuggle because she’s all alone right now, which worries me, so we take turns snuggling and loving on her.
She has a mirror and a nice, soft stuffed animal and soft blankets in her brooder.

I need to get her Nutra Drench and give her extra Niacin ASAP.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Good morning friends,

Happy Sunday.💕

So, my assisted hatch baby seems to have the hobbles. I didn’t even know what that was without the help of Miss Lydia!
Baby can’t walk, she just scoots. And one foot is all wrinkled and twisted.

She just lays flat on her belly but get around, eats, drinks and poops.
She’s a lone duckling because my others are much older and I don’t feel confident putting her with them yet.

I’m having so many problems and becoming exhausted. I’ve had to assist all 4 staggered ages of my eggs so far.
It’s scary and I still have 10 eggs in the incubator to go!

Anyway, I’ve been watching YouTube because I thought it was sprayed leg, but it’s not, her legs don’t go out from under her in a split, she just hobbles around but can’t stand at all.

There’s problems are never ending and I’m sure your quite tired of hearing from me, and I’m so sorry but I’m still learning and you all have taught me everything I know!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Love & Blessings. 🙏
well I have chicken like this and we let her be alone and over time they heal if it is not that bad

Back
Top Bottom