My ducks are destroying my greenhouse

Completely agree waterdog. I have a 1.5hp submersible pump that runs 12 hours a day from a well in the summer and 24 hours a day when it gets below freezing. I have yet to lose (due to cold) or incur frostbite in any type of Whistling Duck, Ringed Teal or any other cold intolerant species. Even when it occasionally gets down in the single digits I dont have a problem as long as the water is running because I believe that well water is somewhere around 55 Degrees and if they get cold they just get in the water. Now -35, I dont even want to think about that...

Ya , ducks will eat anything green, almost anything. They also will eat tomatoes, potato peels, water melons their fav. If you can get some straw bails just stack them up in a u shape and throw a piece of plywood across the top. They should be fine. I have 35 ducks of different breeds and one male Muscovy which by the way is not a duck but considered avian waterfowl. My ducks are out day and night all winter here in New Jersey and we never have any winter kill. The wind is what they hate the most. Water ,feed and clean bedding is all they really need.

Back
Top Bottom