My ducks were able to get through the fence and they found the creek.

thoeffel1994

Songster
11 Years
Feb 14, 2013
Well the thing I was worried about happening happened. My ducks were able to get through the fence and they found the creek. After work today I saw their footprints in the sand down by the bank. How likely do you think it is that they'll find their way back? I walked down stream both directions and I see nothing. I feel like they could be anywhere at this point.

I don't know how people free range ducks. Maybe they just don't have creeks. 🫤 🤷😔

The drake stuck behind. After walking back to the coop from walking down the creek one female is back but two are missing. I feel like its unusual for two to separate from another one. Ducks usually stay in groups. Kinda worried that a neighbors dog might have chased them. :(

They all came back at about 9:00pm!
They were waiting down in the coop for me to lock it up! I know for a fact they weren't in there earlier.

I'm debating if I should allow them to keep doing that? If I choose not to I'll just run a piece of chicken wire along the base of the fence to keep them from squeezing through the holes. It would be cool to have a massive flock of free range ducks and I'm sure they love that creek. Do ducks usually stick around the coop or do they tend to wander off or swim down the creek never to be seen again?

Back
Top Bottom