My Easter babies dont need me anymore :(

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
My two ducklings are doing fantastic- and all the rain we have had has made my yard flooded- they are the only ones who have enjoyed it. Where they used to need me to walk around with them- and would quack and come running, they no longer do that. At night, i have brought them inside- even though they were "big" ducks and have feathers. They would fuss and quack at dusk, and in they came with 'mama' (me).
Two nights ago, they went into their house- and didnt fuss for me. Hmmm. I fretted, and wasnt ready for them to sleep outside. They were ready. So, I let them be out there, and I left my windows open so that when they realized they were out there, and I was in here- I would hear them and go rescue them. They never fussed. My husband teased me, gave me a hug, and said, "Oh it is hard when your kids grow up, isnt it?" In the morning, they came out of their house, stretched their wings, and went about foraging for their food. Forgot all about me.
sad.png

LAST NIGHT, when I was out there at dusk, I visited them, checked their house for food and water- and they ignored me. When I came inside, they began fussing and quacking. I practically pranced and told my husband that NOW they need their Mama. They didnt like being out there 'last night'....but before I made the decision to go get them, they had gone into their house and settled in for the night.
No more ducks in my bathroom.

sad.png

Back
Top Bottom