My Easter Egger insists on laying her eggs from atop a three foot high perch!

My girls hated the ceramic eggs I tried to bait them with... they pushed them out of the nest boxes out of the coop and into a dust bath lol

Thanks, I'll pick up some fake eggs tomorrow and bait the other two boxes.

My girls hated the ceramic eggs I tried to bait them with... they pushed them out of the nest boxes out of the coop and into a dust bath lol

They are sometimes funny, I keep two of the cheap hollow plastic easter eggs in all my nest boxes (epoxied shut as they pop open all the time) as I have new hens coming of age and I currently have an older bantam that is all broody over them in one box, it's funny because they are larger then full sized chicken eggs and have no weight to them so they pop out to the side when she tries to sit on them, but she is persistent at trying... So persistent that one of my Partridge Rocks insist on using the same nesting box, so I regularly find them both in there fighting for space... In the other boxes the hens push the fake eggs off to the side and ignore them...

Last edited:
My Easter Egger "Easter" layed her egg in the nesting box! My three Sex Linked hens all lay in the same box early morning. I left the eggs in the box until after Easter layed her egg, and she did it in the nesting box. Problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom