My EE is 36 weeks and not laying yet

Erin Enchanted

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2018
I have an EE (Smokey) and a production red (Big Red), my EE is 36 weeks and is not laying yet. My production red is younger (30ish weeks I think) and started laying last week! Anyone have an EE that started laying very late? She’s been squatting all week and goes into the lay box with big red and squats with her (like literally either on top of her or right next to her) until big red lays, then they both move along. What is going on!?

My EEs have always laid at 20-22 weeks & been great layers. It is the luck of the draw, but mine over the years have come from 3-4 different hatcheries. Are you sure she is just not laying a brown egg?

Yeah I’m certain she’s not laying, my other chicken started laying last week and has layed an egg 4/6 days since then, so not a lot of eggs to speak of. If I found 2 brown eggs in one day I’d be really happy

I have an EE (Smokey) and a production red (Big Red), my EE is 36 weeks and is not laying yet. My production red is younger (30ish weeks I think) and started laying last week! Anyone have an EE that started laying very late? She’s been squatting all week and goes into the lay box with big red and squats with her (like literally either on top of her or right next to her) until big red lays, then they both move along. What is going on!?
Sounds like she's close!
Here's some tips on how to tell....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/

Maybe she is waiting for Santa.
:lol::gig...or rather, waiting on Solstice!

Back
Top Bottom