My egg chart!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mandelyn, Nov 17, 2009.

1. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Yesterday I got the smallest chicken egg I EVER saw, from a young D'AnverxOE bantam. She's only 5 months old and still talks in half-peeps!

But, here's what the hens are offering me:

Left to Right - Store bought Jumbo egg, Standard Game Pullet (her 2nd egg 6 mos. old), D'Anver Hen (2 years old), OE Pullet (1st egg, 7 mos. old), D'AnverxOE (1st egg, 5 mos. old)

[​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Nice picture!

3. CheerfulHeart2

CheerfulHeart2 Creative Problem Solver

Apr 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    interesting. [​IMG]

4. kristenm1975

kristenm1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I love the egg pictures! I took a similar shot when we received a fart egg from one of my hens.

[​IMG]

The first is from my New Hampshire, the second is from gold-laced wyandotte, the third is from my cochin pullet, the fourth is from my golden comet pullet, and it's anyone's guess who dropped the fart egg. Cute!! It was about the size of a quarter, a little smaller.

5. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Good pictures! Do you know what hens they came from? Then you could annotate it so people can see the difference in size between the hens' eggs?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  6. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    And my family made fun of me cause I carried the baby egg in the house last night to admire. Apparently, I belong to you people, not them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by