My egg has hatched a bit now its not ?

The Blind side

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 27, 2014
Hi guys, my chicken egg started hatching in my incubator but it has now been 17 hours and it has not hatched more yet! Does this mean the chick died from the heat entering the egg or is it just taking a long time to hatch ? :(:bow

I'm sorry I don't know, my first eggs are in the incubator (day 19). Someone will come along soon who can answer your question, but good luck - I hope your wee chick is ok :)

Is it only a pip(small hole) or did it start to zip around and then stop? They can pip and then take hours to a day or two to hatch sometimes. It's hard work when your head is stuck under your arm and no room to really move.

Sounds like it's doing fine.So much goes on after the tiny pip hole is made.Chick is breathing air for the first time getting use to it..veins are drying in the membrane..if not dry when trying to hatch he could bleed to death. Yolk is absorbing giving him vital nourishment for his coming hatch which is very hard work.Stay calm sit on your hands don't help him at this point.Make sure your humidity is high enough don't open the lid and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom