My eggs are causing me severe stomach pain!

Vegashens

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2020
Hi everyone. So I have 5 hens, for about the last week I have been having really bad stomach pains. Long story short, I eat our hens eggs daily. I stopped for a couple days to test the theory and then had an omelette today and boom severe pain again.

Anyways, I am wondering what would cause this. Most of the time my Plymouth Rock eggs are a light beige, lately some are coming out an off white color. My australorps eggs seem to be the same in color. I am wondering what I should be doing to maybe cleanse their stomach? Or best approach to this issue. Thanks in advance !

You might have developed an intolerance or allergy to the egg protein or to some of the chicken feed ingredients.

Best to get tested.

ETA: Did you treat your chickens lately with antibiotics or antiparasitic agents?

You might have developed an intolerance or allergy to the egg protein or to some of the chicken feed ingredients.

Best to get tested.

ETA: Did you treat your chickens lately with antibiotics or antiparasitic agents?
Interesting... well I had eggs the other two days, just not from my girls. And nothing really has changed in their diet. Do you think the color of the eggs changing and hardness of the shell is nothing to be concerned about?

The only thing really that has changed in their diet is I have not been giving them corn and worms the last few weeks or so. Just haven’t had time to run to the feed store before they close.

I know my aunt can have grocery store eggs but eggs she usually gets from small homesteads that feed oyster shell she’s allergic too. Gets stomach pains & unwell feeling.

She does have a seafood allergy. So somehow the oyster shell still transfers to the eggs.

Just something to think about.

Anther possibility is that they are harboring a bacterial infection, something that needs to be checked out too.
Mar

What would be some signs of an infection? I heard once that molasses kind of flushes their digestive, would it be too much to try that out? The only other thing I noticed different about their eggs is when cracked sometimes there is a little black thing in there.. and I do not have any roosters. Sorry if this sounds ridiculous, I am a first time chicken owner.

Here are the eggs. I’ve never seen them lay these white colored eggs until a couple weeks ago

Attachments

• D4524AE0-1973-4997-9678-2BFCD61F93ED.jpeg
    D4524AE0-1973-4997-9678-2BFCD61F93ED.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 7
Is it just your eggs? Or does the same thing happen when you eat other farmers eggs, or store bought eggs?
Does the black spot look like this? -
1618093095868.png

It could be a blood spot or meat spot. Both of those are perfectly safe to eat, so shouldn't be causing the problem. Have you treated them with any antibiotics, or antiparasitic sprays lately?

Back
Top Bottom