My eggs are here!

Quote:
Thank You. My dad came home from work last night and told me to just remember that chicks are more fragile than the lambs I used to raise and not feel so bad. I got to looking and I have a feather footed chick:) I'm so happy about he/she. I hope it's a she and I'm knocking on wood that it survives. All 3 are running around in the brooder learning how to eat and drink now:) I have a new set of eggs to try and hatch. I also have 5 eggs from our Bantam hen in there to look forward to and those should be fertile for sure. I've seen the rooster playing with her;)

Earlier statement:
I also have 5 eggs from our Bantam hen in there to look forward to and those should be fertile for sure. I've seen the rooster playing with her;)

I just checked and I have 3 pips!
smile.png
WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!! Come on babies! One of the pips is a Lucy egg! Lucy was our Austorlorp that passed away:( but I may have a chick from her after all:) Fingers crossing that all goes well.

A full incubator keeps temps better than an incubator with just a few eggs in it. You can put a water bottle or ziplock filled with water to help even out the temp fluctuations - that might help your next hatch. Watch humidity closely - it has a lot to do with your success too. I keep mine at 55%.

Here are the 3 chicks. 1 EE and 2 Red Phoenix. Eggs from ebay

1203941-1-about-48-hours-old.jpg

I had 2 eggs hatch from my own hens yesterday too:) They are adorable a Bantam (from Belle and Rowdy) and an unknown (from Lucy and whatever roo she was with when I bought her).

Back
Top Bottom