My eggs are lost.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by warmfuzzies, Mar 7, 2009.

1. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    I had eggs coming, some were shipped monday and some were shipped tuesday. They are still not here, so they will be in shipping a week if I get them on Monday. If. I am pretty much betting at least one is lost. [​IMG]

Will they be to old to set? I already started others, because they were getting too old. So now, if I do get them, I will have to get a hatcher.... [​IMG]

2. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Yeah, I would not count on very many of them making it, if you do choose to set - between the actual shipping process lasting that long, and there being such a long time between fertilization and incubation, you may not have a very successful hatch. [​IMG]

Sorry!

~Cherlyn

3. Irajoe

Irajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    Sure sorry for your delay. I had a similar occurrence a month ago or so...I thought one or two might still hatch, but they did not. They were in transit for 7 days...which probably increased the handling of the box and resulted in loose air cells and scrambled yolks. I hope our outcome is different!

The seller did agree to send me another set (with me paying postage)...which arrived on time but in worse condition than the first set...I didn't ask for another batch. At that point, I needed to cut my losses.

I'm hoping for the best for you!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Well, it was a trade. I'm just not sure I have the guts to try it again!

5. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I had eggs lost to the went to the wrong states . I think its was 5-6 days . Out of 6, 4 are in the bator doing great

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've had a couple batches that took 8 days to get to me. I didn't get a very good hatch, but some did hatch so don't give up entirely on them yet.

7. oldbuzzard

oldbuzzard Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    cuba, new york
    well that stinks! [​IMG] did your mail come today? maybe they will make it [​IMG]

8. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't give up hope. I would still set them and see what happens. Good luck.

9. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    There is always hope I say when you get them set them , You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by