My eggs haven't hatched, in need of help.

Beth77

Chirping
Aug 10, 2015
Scotland
Hi, I'm on the 22nd day and my eggs haven't hatched under my broody hen. I don't think I've done anything wrong, maybe I've went out to check them too much?

Thanks

Last edited:
21 days is just a guide and nothing is set in stone. A broody hen is the best way to hatch as it's totally natural. Did you candle the eggs at all during incubation? Did they look to be developing ok?
My best advice now would be to leave her be and let her get on with it without disturbance.

Hope you have cute little fuzz balls soon :fl

Hi, I'm on the 22nd day and my eggs haven't hatched under my broody hen. I don't think I've done anything wrong, maybe I've went out to check them too much?

Thanks

I am in the same boat as you. It is really hard not knowing how things are going. It is very different than an incubator.

21 days is just a guide and nothing is set in stone. A broody hen is the best way to hatch as it's totally natural. Did you candle the eggs at all during incubation? Did they look to be developing ok?
My best advice now would be to leave her be and let her get on with it without disturbance.

Hope you have cute little fuzz balls soon :fl
No I didn't candle them, maybe I should have. Hopefully they'll hatch soon!

Fingers crossed they do :fl

It's hard to say they will or won't with no candling. Do you know if the eggs were fertile before putting them under her? When incubating my own I save a couple of extras to crack open to check they are fertile. If those are fertile there's a good chance the ones I set are too.

Back
Top Bottom