My Emu hatching thread (come join me)

Congrats! I haven't had my emu cam on and was wondering if maybe you came in. I've been thinking about your eggs. I'm so glad they hatched!!
woot.gif

Mine was super crunchy. I think it's because we're used to chicks "hair" being so fine, and emu's come out sorta wiry like pig hair. Enjoy the baby stage while it lasts!

Congrats
lol.png
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
on ur hatch I will be try to hatch a few next year , why
idunno.gif
not sure
hide.gif
just to have something different then chickens - turkeys - ducks - quail and pheasants , never mind the rabbits and puppies and other birds like parakeets and finches and canaries
clap.gif
:
lau.gif
old.gif

Last edited:
Not lethargic, just super duper tired. They did just break out of a super thick shell ya know
wink.png
Mine wasn't up and walking for 3-4 days but I don't think that's the norm. I had to pull mine out early though, so I think that's why.

Mine have started eating, in fact they never seem to stop eating, Adina will fall asleep with his/her head in the food and periodically wake up to peck before drifting off again.
They're developing their own personalities too, Adina is the cuddler, always close. And Quoba is the explorer with a wild streak. They were out in the yard today and Quoba took off running several times whipping her/his head all around and rolling.

Back
Top Bottom