my..errr...ummmm....new..."chicks"

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
So, I have been waiting and watching.....dying for Tractor Supply to get their chicks. They told me Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I drove there every day to check (about a 35 min. drive) so I call this morning...no chicks. I call again at 10...they just got there. I drive FAST all the way and they are SOLD OUT!!!!!! Less than an hour and all gone! So, I came home with THESE!!!!! Anyone care to tell me what I have here? Doing "OMG I got ducks" research as we speak.

They are:
Dexter

Gertrude (AKA Trudy):

Sadie:

Saffron:

The whole gang:

So, I know I have ducklings. HELP!!!! I tried asking there and all they knew was "they are mixed ducks".

pips&peeps

There is no "I" in Ameraucana
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Newman Lake, WA
I think Sadie is a runner..... but then again, I could be wrong as I know very little about ducks.

Last edited:

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Whatever Sadie is, Dexter is too, they are the same. I am totally clueless on ducks.
I just know they are adorable.
Gonna do some serious learning as I go along! They did not want to cooperate at all for pictures!!!

redoak

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Russia, NY
They are so cute. The wife said no when I asked if we could get a few ducks. We have a couple large ponds but we also have snapping turtles

12 Acres

Songster
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Oak Harbor, OH
Wonderful babies! Hubs and I are going to TSC tonight and I can surely guarantee that I will come home with some ducklings tonight. We've got a pond and a pond should have ducks swimming around in it, right? RIGHT???

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Yeah, we are having a lot of of those lovey feelings right now, too!!!

I have been googling and was thinking POSSIBLY Swedish something on the two matching ones. I think Pekin on Saffron.I am thinking Gertrude may be a Mallard?

OH YES!!!! EVERY pond needs ducks!!!! They re just too beautiful!

Last edited:

Top Bottom