my..errr...ummmm....new..."chicks"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Mar 28, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    So, I have been waiting and watching.....dying for Tractor Supply to get their chicks. They told me Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I drove there every day to check (about a 35 min. drive) so I call this morning...no chicks. I call again at 10...they just got there. I drive FAST all the way and they are SOLD OUT!!!!!! Less than an hour and all gone! So, I came home with THESE!!!!! Anyone care to tell me what I have here? Doing "OMG I got ducks" research as we speak.

They are:
    Dexter
    [​IMG]

Gertrude (AKA Trudy):
    [​IMG]

Sadie:
    [​IMG]

Saffron:
    [​IMG]

The whole gang:
    [​IMG]

So, I know I have ducklings. HELP!!!! I tried asking there and all they knew was "they are mixed ducks". [​IMG]

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I think Sadie is a runner..... but then again, I could be wrong as I know very little about ducks.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Aaawwwwwwww [​IMG]

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Whatever Sadie is, Dexter is too, they are the same. I am totally clueless on ducks. [​IMG] I just know they are adorable. [​IMG] Gonna do some serious learning as I go along! They did not want to cooperate at all for pictures!!!

5. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I say there are 2 blue swedish, one black swedish, and either a buff duck or a pekin.

6. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    They are so cute. The wife said no when I asked if we could get a few ducks. We have a couple large ponds but we also have snapping turtles [​IMG]

7. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Not sure, butI'm in love [​IMG]

8. 12 Acres

12 Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Oak Harbor, OH
    Wonderful babies! Hubs and I are going to TSC tonight and I can surely guarantee that I will come home with some ducklings tonight. We've got a pond and a pond should have ducks swimming around in it, right? RIGHT??? [​IMG]

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yeah, we are having a lot of of those lovey feelings right now, too!!! [​IMG]

I have been googling and was thinking POSSIBLY Swedish something on the two matching ones. I think Pekin on Saffron.I am thinking Gertrude may be a Mallard?

OH YES!!!! EVERY pond needs ducks!!!! They re just too beautiful!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  10. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    No ideas, but man are they cuuuute! Going crazy waiting for the chance to look for some myself!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by