My Exotic and Migratory Ducks [Destinduck] (Photos)

Hope everyone's ducks are doing great, I posted this o the Migratory Sticky but figured I'd get better results here. Also I have a few questions for you guys... Mainly I'm planning on getting into Ornamental Ducks and have my lists made out but wanted to run everything by you guys first. First of all I plan on building my pens out of 6 foot tall chain-link fence and then wrapping it in hardware cloth or that small kind of hard black plastic chicken wire and then putting a sheet of tin around the outside as a sight blocker and then using the chicken wire on top as well. Then for the warmer climate birds I'm going to put a small space heater in a shed with them to keep them warm during winter if it ever snows here again. Secondly the pens are going to be 10x10, 15x15, or 20x20 and keep only 1-4 species (depending on the species) per pen. Also the feed I use for my game chickens is 12% protein but its a mix of 15 or 18 different grains but I was going to mix it with some laying pellets then when Fall/Winter came around fill in with corn as an insulator feed. Last but not least I'd have kiddy pools in there till I could get concrete ponds in there for them. Another quick question about Wood Ducks even though I'm still a year or so away from having birds. Say I have Wood Ducks or another native birds but I only have the form to keep but not sell them, what would I do with the dead ones ? Would I still have to report them or would I just dispose of them ?

Here's a pic of the feed

Back
Top Bottom