My Eye Color...

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Both my parents have brown eyes, my brother has brown eyes, i have blue eyes.

And I said your situation is possible.

To everyone else, I apologized for being wrong, and commenting based on what I was taught in both highschool and college for years. We were always taught this was impossible. If we were ever given a test with a question asking if it were possible for 2 blue eyed parents to have a brown eyed child and answered yes, it would have been marked wrong. If we were asked if 2 brown eyed parents could have a blue eyed child and said yes, it would have been marked correct. Was my answer tactful, no. Was it based on what I was taught, yes. Have I been shown that my thousands of dollars I spent on an education were useless, yes.

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Both my parents have brown eyes, my brother has brown eyes, i have blue eyes.

And I said your situation is possible.

To everyone else, I apologized for being wrong, and commenting based on what I was taught in both highschool and college for years. We were always taught this was impossible. If we were ever given a test with a question asking if it were possible for 2 blue eyed parents to have a brown eyed child and answered yes, it would have been marked wrong. If we were asked if 2 brown eyed parents could have a blue eyed child and said yes, it would have been marked correct. Was my answer tactful, no. Was it based on what I was taught, yes. Have I been shown that my thousands of dollars I spent on an education were useless, yes.

I agree, this is what we were all taught. Which is why I was a little worried when I had the only baby in four generations with brown eyes. It still seems weird to me, but being th emother, I know know it is possibe! But, you were just relaying what everyone was taught, and I am planning to ask to my Dr. about it next time I see him.

Dont feel bad! We all thought the same thing!

Think of all the poor children who come home from biology class in high school thinking that someone is lying!
wink.png

I think high school biology should stick to peas and simple gene combinations rather than eye or hair color. All anyone has to do is look at all the variations in human coloring to know that Brown/blue (BB,Bb,bb) is not all there is to it.

Mendelian genetics explains simple dominant/recessive but anyone who has seen chicken breeding should realize that there is more to genetics than simple dominant/recessive.

I'm one of those freaky people whose eyes change color with the clothes I wear, how I'm feeling etc..... Most of the time they are hazel with a touch of green. Calm is blue, excited more green. Now if they turn brown........

RUN!!!
ep.gif

My Brother has 5 daughters,
1 red head with brown eyes
1 burnette with blue eyes
1 red head with blue eyes
1 very light brunette( mousy blonde) with brown eyes
1 red head with green eyes.
His eyes are so brown they look black, She has blue eyes.
My Brother is dark skinned ( the Indian expressed its self)
I have auburn hair with 1 hazel eye and one brown eye.
I am very light skinned ( the irish expressed itself)
Neither one of us was adopted untill my biological father was killed then our grandparents adopted us.

Its all in the way the genes express themselves.

You want confusiing , I raise Blue eyed white Netherland Dwarfs.
breeding blue eyed white to blue eyed white is supposed to ONLY produce blue eyed white.
UNLESS:
there is grandparents 100 generations back who had brown eyes.
every once in a while I will get a baby born with either ruby eyes or brown eyes or 1 with lavender eyes, or ones with half blue/and brown in one or both eyes

ok well I am pretty dumb lol
my daughter has brown eyes' her 4 children,

1 with dark hair and brown eyes (F)
1 with blonde hair and grey eyes(f)
1 with dark brown near black hair with blue eyes(M)
1 with dark brown near black hair with brown eyes (M)

eye color doesnt mean a whole lot
if it did we would have to wonder where the little girl with grey eyes came from.

Dh's cousin has brown eyes, both brothers have blue, parents have blue, grandparents on both sides have/had blue, aunts/uncles/cousins all have blue
smile.png
. And yes, both blue eyed parents are really his
smile.png

Dad's got blue, mom's got brown, I've got hazel. Depending on what I wear, my eyes "change" (really your eye color does not change, it's just your surroundings and lighting may cause your eyes to reflect different colors) from green to brown to hazel.

Back
Top Bottom