My Farm Life

Pics
Have you felt any of the other chickens when it's that cold? To me, their feet are always cold.
Are your chickens not roosting?
No, the rest of the flock roosts. Just these pullets sleep out on the ground in their box for some reason.
I'll feel some of them tonight when i put them in. Maybe they are all just that cold.

I haven't been on that lately, sorry about that.
On Monday we got 14 inches of snow, power was out until yesterday, and it was freezing. Calvin was dumb enough to go out in the snowstorm and I had to rescue him and shove him back into the coop. I took a towel back and dried his feathered feet off and his body. (he was shivering and soaked) He's good now, I shoveled paths all throughout their yard and they are loving actually being able to come out.
Yesterday got 15 eggs. They finally started laying again 😂
My parents say I have to get rid of some roosters, so I'm going to be getting rid of Griffin, Bracq, and Blizzard. I don't want to get rid of any of them, but at least I get to keep Calvin, Blaze, Asher, and Sid.
I think I have a cuckoo Maran rooster:barnie
Everyone is looking good after molts, Blackie (my 8 year old hen) is still laying strong, and I just got 2 eggs that are GIGANTIC. I feel so bad for my girls!
Just an update, I hope I'll be online more, lol.

Here is some better pictures. :) View attachment 2751756
Miss Night ^View attachment 2751758
Miss Tuft (yes, my coop is purple) :DView attachment 2751759
Miss Night again (Mr. Photobomber in the background) :)
Oh god. He is so tiny :love :hit My little boy on the right. Rest in peace Prince
He is so tiny! I can't believe that was him.
View attachment 2761805
This is Calvin, one of my 8 Faverolles cockerels. I have too many!! I put Calvin in POW, I really don't know why but I just wanted to. Calvin is a big sweetheart. And he is looking right at the camera!
OH MY- this adorable little fluff ball turned into a gigantic, sweet rooster

Sorry I didn't update earlier.
Today is day 3 of Pearl's (aka Squeaky) wry neck. She started showing symptoms 3 days ago and I have since then moved her into a pen in the garage, and she gets a special diet of eggs in the morning with vitamin E pills, then her regular breakfast, and then I watch over her for the days. She has diffidently improved, she can hold her head up straight now, she has her usual spunk back of racing around the pen, drinking and eating fine, etc. I can tell she is a bit bored, and has had staring contests with the dogs, lol. I'll upload some photos from my phone in a minute.

Anyone have any suggestions to Squeaky? She isn't in pain, but it looks like she isn't getting worse or better.
She gets a capsule of vitamin e each day with some polyvisol in her egg, then regular food.

Shes gotten better!

I have been taking her outside with me when I go outside and she runs around, flapping, and b-lining to the other chickens a couple times. She has gotten MUCH better. She keeps trying to get herself back in the pecking order through the fence 😅. I'm just happy she is better.

20220216_165433.jpg
20220216_165828.jpg

I've decided I will show y'all my entire flock. This is going to take forever, but still, lets do it! I'll do it in separate posts so that it is easier. Now, I just have to get some up-to-date photos 😂

Back
Top Bottom