My Fave Silkie

lori_smith99

Songster
Aug 16, 2022
North East Florida
I just moved from out in the country to a rental closer to my husbands work. We will be here at least a year (that is the lease) then we plan to buy a home back in the country. Well where we moved has a no rooster or turkey's allowed statute. So we re-homed our Rooster and our 2 turkeys and thought all was fine.

I woke up today to my FAVORITE chicken, my Silkie Sassy Butt....CROWING 😢 I so don't want to have to take him back to the farm we got him at as chick!! The area I am in is very relaxed. I am hoping that maybe no one will report him until we move in 10 months. I have another one that I am holding my breath on that is about 2 wks younger as well.
I just love my Sassy Butt and really do not want to lose him.....
😭🥺

Attachments

• 20221114_142603.jpg
    20221114_142603.jpg
    750.5 KB · Views: 5
He is so cute! I used to bring my silkie roo inside my garage at night. That way his crows can barely be heard from outside. Didn't get any complaints about him when I did that. Then I didn't have a rooster for about 2 years. This year I have a 7-month-old silkie cockerel who crows. So far no one has complained about him. Last time I got a complaint about a rooster was when I first got chickens in 2018. Had to rehome my barred rock and sebright. I think at this point the neighbors who complained have gotten used to it.

Back
Top Bottom