My favorite chicken just died

Sorry for your loss.
sad.png

Quote:
Lisa, I do still have 3 of her eggs that I did not refridgerate. When is Bryce's class doing incubation? The three eggs I have are from 3/10-3/12. I have shut my incubator off because I've got the one hen sitting on those eggs. I do have another broody that is sitting on 15 eggs right now. I just went in to check on this hen and boy she did not like me coming in there. Wondering if tonight at dark if I could sneak 3 of her eggs out and put 3 of Sarafina's eggs under her.

Kim

Kim,

Bryce's class is not going to be incubating for a few more weeks we are still working on the temps in his class and I am waiting for an egg turner since the one took a dump on me and a fan kit. I found out with the fan kit installed into my LG it can handle a larger temp swing in the class room.

Maybe you can pull some of the 15 eggs and add in Sarafina's tonight. Again I am very sorry.

:aww ...so very very sorry you lost her...
And the day before that there was an egg shell only no insides of the egg.

...I suspect the contents of that egg broke inside and caused peritonitis (infection) in which case there was little you could have done... even when you medicate with a major AB such as bytril in such a case , it often is fatal. (((hugs)))​

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. Wish I were there with you to give you a real hug, but I guess this one will have to do... :aww

Back
Top Bottom