My favorite feed store - Chicks!

droolin.gif

There is nothing like that here! I'm jealous!!!

Hmm, roomy....

I'm working on making some cabinets into a brooder now. There's two levels, each with little dividers. Really all I'm doing is knocking down the dividers, adding framing with hardware cloth and some screw thingies and handles.
woot.gif

Last edited:
Iam super jealous! I want to fly there oh how I wish our feedstore was like that ours is a little hole in the wall... it carries mainly cattle feed and supplies. I have to drive about an hour and a half to find decent selection of chicken anything.

We totally love that store.

I was in there this afternoon. I picked up some oat hay for the nesting boxes and some alfalfa hay just cuz the girls like it. Our yard is pretty barren still from the winter & they could use some green in their diet, so I thought it'd be nice to get them a little sack of alfalfa hay. You should have seen Farmer Lew in there watching those guys when they were building that set-up. It is, indeed, most impressive. And it's an all around good feed store because they always have everything I need, every single time I go in there.

I was lookin' at those little polish chicks in there today, but beings that I've got full bators & a broody hen sitting on eggs out back, I was easily able to resist their little fuzzy-headed cuteness... but they most assuredly did not go unnoticed. LOL.

Edited for typos.

Last edited:
Bradshaw Feed ROCKS. Linda told me about it when I was first getting my chooks Munk and Joon, about a year ago. I LOVE how they keep the chicks, and the employees are very helpful and nice to talk to
smile.png
That new setup is SLAMMIN' though!

HHandBasket and I went in the FIRST day they got their shipment of chicks from Belt, and we went in about 11am and they had ALREADY sold 500+ chicks. All that were left were boys and a FEW pullets, which we promptly took 4 of haha.
big_smile.png

Good store though, very happy, plus the drive down Florin (the country part) is awesome
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom