My favorite game. Is this a cockerel or pullet?

Isn’t that funny people keep telling me that breed now. I am now learning all about them. She is definitely almost ready. I just hope you are all correct that she is a SHE She sure acts like a hen. My neighbors keep coming and telling me she’s a rooster!
They just see the big red comb, your neighbors don't know chickens as well as the people on this site! 😆 But honestly, I would think she's a roo too, lol, don't know much about Blue Andalusians. I just googled pics and this one does look like a hen. These are weird looking hens with big red spiky combs! When she lays an egg you'll be vindicated.

They just see the big red comb, your neighbors don't know chickens as well as the people on this site! 😆 But honestly, I would think she's a roo too, lol, don't know much about Blue Andalusians. I just googled pics and this one does look like a hen. These are weird looking hens with big red spiky combs! When she lays an egg you'll be vindicated.
Oh I trust the folks on this site even more than the many chicken books I have! Well the other blue chicken I got with the one in question just popped out her first egg two days ago. It was brown with a swirl of olive green so I am wondering if someone who once said they were sapphire olive eggers was correct! Guess we will know soon if the second chicken is in fact a lady!

Blue Andalusians mature really fast and even the hens have big tails. Although the yellow legs indicate there may be something else there. Here’s my 13-week old cockerel. If yours were a cockerel, she’d be crowing already!
B900F91A-DD05-4E9F-8372-A719D96D53E7.jpeg

Oh I trust the folks on this site even more than the many chicken books I have! Well the other blue chicken I got with the one in question just popped out her first egg two days ago. It was brown with a swirl of olive green so I am wondering if someone who once said they were sapphire olive eggers was correct! Guess we will know soon if the second chicken is in fact a lady!
Yes, this site is amazing! Wow! They definately have something special in their DNA if it popped out an egg with even a bit of green on it! Some type of EE in there somewhere...

Starting to see some feathers on this 12 week old that may be suspect. The neck feathers are much thinner than my other girls. Looking like hackle feathers maybe. And the tail feathers seem curled under a bit. This chicken also has much thicker legs than it’s counterparts. The breed was supposed to be sapphire gem we are still not sure about that.
I’ve never ended up with a rooster so maybe it’s too early to tell but anyone’s eye would be appreciated.
Actually, she just looks like a very early bloomer. She looks like a fully grown hen, strange since she’s so young, but definitely not a roo.

Back
Top Bottom