My favorite hen is sick!!

MissTexasBrandy

Hatching
Oct 20, 2020
I’m new here is my first post ever made on the forum about chickens anyways, I have my favorite chicken who has been lethargic for about go on two weeks now and she’s been walking around like with her eyes closed has not laid an egg hasn’t really eaten or drank anything until the last couple of days I got her to eat some baby food with some diatomaceous earth on it and some water with poultry cell in it. Since then she has pooped a few times almost immediately after I feed her and it’s like a clear color it looks like there’s like grass in it but her crop is not really huge like I’ve turned upside down and massage that and she still the same I got her to open one of her eyes today and it looks like in the middle of her pupil it’s like a worm inside of her eye it’s not moving but that’s just what it looks like, like it’s white inside of it so she’s going blind?!?!? Help please

Attachments

• 7BBA4C18-6F67-40D5-AD3B-80454D4784F5.png
    7BBA4C18-6F67-40D5-AD3B-80454D4784F5.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 7
Have you felt around abdomen? Does it feel like there’s an egg in there? Does it seem swollen? Hard? Watery? My concern currently is that she could be egg bound if she’s not pooping much and it’s watery poop when she does go. You can try soaking her in a warm Epsom salt bath to help her relax and lay the egg if she is egg bound.

Have you felt around abdomen? Does it feel like there’s an egg in there? Does it seem swollen? Hard? Watery? My concern currently is that she could be egg bound if she’s not pooping much and it’s watery poop when she does go. You can try soaking her in a warm Epsom salt bath to help her relax and lay the egg if she is egg bound.
Yes I am doing that today but it doesn’t really feel like anything is in there. She’s just skinny now 😫

Am I suppose to give her the duramycin everyday and she still hasn’t laid an egg it’s been two weeks! She is more active now so there’s some hope

Don’t hold her upside down and massage the crop... you will end up aspirating her. That’s last resort for a serious crop issue, and should only be done by a vet or someone with tons of experience and even so it still carries risks. If you thinks she’s skinny, have a fecal test done for worms.

Don’t hold her upside down and massage the crop... you will end up aspirating her. That’s last resort for a serious crop issue, and should only be done by a vet or someone with tons of experience and even so it still carries risks. If you thinks she’s skinny, have a fecal test done for worms.
I was told by the lady I got my chickens from that it sounded like a fungal infection so I gave her duramycin 72-200 once....wasn’t aware that I needed to give it to her again. She is doing much better since the first tome I gave her the antibiotics. Even her eye looks better. She moving around finding the feed and water, talking , just no egg...I’ve owned chickens my chickens hole life and never had one get sick or die on me

Back
Top Bottom