My female muscovy flew away last night

So sorry about your duck.... I hope she returns safe and sound.

Thank you. I am hoping she does too, just cant believe she flew away
1f614.png
Never thought she would leave my drake, theyve been raised together.

I recommend putting netting around their area/pen, is the mallard's wing's clipped? If you get ducklings again that have the ability to fly i recommend clipping their wings.how much is there to do in their pen? I would include a roosting spot in their pen, a nice high one, and a short one. Try getting a duck leash/harness and put it on the male muscovy and take him to places she may be. I hope she comes back!
hugs.gif

I recommend putting netting around their area/pen, is the mallard's wing's clipped? If you get ducklings again that have the ability to fly i recommend clipping their wings.how much is there to do in their pen? I would include a roosting spot in their pen, a nice high one, and  a short one. Try getting a duck leash/harness and put it on the male muscovy and take him to places she may be. I hope she comes back! :hugs

They really have never flown too far so thats why we havent clipped them yet. They free range from morning to night when i put them in. My mallard was a rescue, she flew away ans took refuge at a really nice pond down the road. She has a mate and a whole new all mallard and geese family. Netting around their pen i could do but way to large of a yard to net the whole area they free range in. If and when she does come back we will be clipping her wings. Too risky in upstate ny this time of year for her to be away from home, no mates and little food. Im hoping she will find her way home tonight! And thats a great idea,hopefully he wont mind me putting a harness on him! Hes pretty good with me, and is a very curios boy. We have a nice indoor pen that is attached to their outdoor pen. I thought that would be enough for a "roosting" area but maybe she needs one for just her! Thank you.

Quote: yeah, i understand. My Swede Blue hen is a very stubborn duck, we have mallards that come by and we let her and her less stubborn mate go swimming with them, (which is a hilarious event, they always make fools out of themselves :D) He will get up first and obey me, but one time she didn't come up and we went through 3 glasses of peas trying to get her back up but she wanted to be with the mallards. so i got bread and the mallard flock came up on shore into the yard with me. She them, wandered up with them and i herded her up to Redferd in their nice pen with a clean pool
roll.png
She could have taken off with a migratory flock and maybe she will be back in the spring or summer. or sadly, she might not make it and get sick from the possible disease carriers (mallards). If you take her mate and some bread or treats maybe you could go to a pond area or something and maybe find a flock, she might want to be apart of a bigger flock like Squeaky. Maybe put up posters, Someone's Muscovy flew into our cove with a niacin deficiancy and we nursed it almost to full heath, she was attacked by otters though.

Back
Top Bottom