My female muscovy flew away last night

jkah37

Chirping
Nov 7, 2016
Gloversville
Hello! I am posting this in hopes to find some answers. I have had 5 ducks since June of this year. One mallard, two muscovies and two call ducks. All get along great and are definitely a little spoiled. However, last night i went out to put them in and my female muscovy (maddie) was no where to be found. She has always enjoyed flying since she realized she could but has never gone too far. Just the neighbors yard, on top of the shed roof and one tree branch in our back yard. I have had my muscovies since they were ducklings and i happened to pick a female (maddie) and a drake (lucky). Just wondering why she may have flown off on her own when she has a mate/drake? And he is in his prime of "mating" right now. Im worried about her out there on her own
1f614.png
Please help!

Keep him closed in. You dont want him leaving to find her. I was gonna say hopefully he will make noise to call her back but...muscovy.
There is a chance she will come back, just look VERY thoroughly for her. She might be sitting up in a tree where you just cant see. I had a chicken do that once and I swear I looked leaf every on that tree...Guess where she was in the morning?

Good luck and keep us updated

He is a very large drake, hasnt been able to fly much higher than three feet above ground lately because of his awesome but heavier set body lol. I have been outside with them all morning in hopes she'd decide to fly back hearing me and her "family" out there. Even refilled the pool which was one of her favorites. Im gonna take a walk around and look through the trees. But can you guess what color she is??? BROWN! Ugh! It will be difficult to see her in the now brown leaves of upstate ny. There is a large pond about 2 blocks away. Going to walk there in a few. Was really hoping she just roosted in a tree for the night but shes still not back
1f614.png
Thank you for the reply and I will definitely keep you updated!

One of my mallards flew into my neighbor's dry pool a few weeks ago. If I hadn't seen him do it he would've been really hard to find. Hopefully yours is close by and will come home soon.

My mallard flew to the pond 2 blocks away, and she chose to stay. Found a mate and an entire mallard family actually. Nice thing about it is i get to see her still whenever I want until they fly south. Im shocked that maddie flew away, she has her mate and is always the first to greet me. I just hooe shes ok and is watching me frantically looking in every tree from one of them! And thank you! Glad you saw your mallard do it, there is a pool next door but its covered and she isnt on that either
1f641.png

Back
Top Bottom