my first attempt at blown eggs! with a question...

I use bleach water for the inside. Blow it out real good with a syringe and then pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time. I do that about 4 times. No odors.

How do you make blown eggs. I would like to make some but I don't know how. Can you guys tell me?

How do you make blown eggs. I would like to make some but I don't know how. Can you guys tell me?

There are a few ways.. one is to make a hole in each end of the egg.. insert a piece of wire to scramble the insides and blow out the contents by blowing hard into the egg (one of the holes in the egg placed against your lips)
it works.. but that's the old fashioned way

I prefer my way better (link is in my signature).. it only requires one hole and won't give you a headache
gig.gif

some people use a syringe instead of the tool I use.. but a syringe can be a bit messier

rinse the egg.. clean the insides with water or a mixture of things (everyone has their own "recipe" it seems)

I let mine air dry.. others nuke theirs in the microwave for a few seconds at a time to dry them

There are a few ways.. one is to make a hole in each end of the egg.. insert a piece of wire to scramble the insides and blow out the contents by blowing hard into the egg (one of the holes in the egg placed against your lips) it works.. but that's the old fashioned way I prefer my way better (link is in my signature).. it only requires one hole and won't give you a headache
gig.gif
some people use a syringe instead of the tool I use.. but a syringe can be a bit messier rinse the egg.. clean the insides with water or a mixture of things (everyone has their own "recipe" it seems) I let mine air dry.. others nuke theirs in the microwave for a few seconds at a time to dry them
I access byc on my phone 99% of the time, so I never see signatures. Switched to desktop mode and found your articles. :D I use the 16g needle/20cc syringe method (if I hold the egg nearly, but not quite vertical, I don't make a mess.) I really like the holes I get using a small cone shaped diamond dust bit on my dremel.

You can just use dish soap and water to wash your eggs out. If you use bleach it will disolve the membrane. It's fine if you want to do that though. Then just let them air dry. I've been decorating eggs for 40 years and this is how i have always done them.

You can just use dish soap and water to wash your eggs out. If you use bleach it will disolve the membrane. It's fine if you want to do that though. Then just let them air dry. I've been decorating eggs for 40 years and this is how i have always done them.

Back
Top Bottom