My First Batch of Babies - Broody Hen

celebrate.gif
congrats I
love.gif
broodies. My advice? Just keep an eye on things just in case, but let nature take it's course, it is a wonderful experience! And I don't know if you were planning on it, but I would isolate her like Tuesday so she has "privacy" when the big event happens.
big_smile.png

been working on that project as we speak....wish i had it started done long ago. any special concerns with dusted hen and chicks? i finally found some DE a few weeks ago and have had that in the hens dust bath, but also have wanted to dust her with prozap but was concerned about eggs/chicks

My broody hatched three and I was all concerned - I make sure the water is fresh and clean and they have food and Momma Dot does the rest! She really doesn't need my help at all. I do have them separate from the flock and a couple of times she has integrated them all herself. She got out with the chicks a couple of times. They hatched May 10th. It was the easiest way to raise the babies and a lot of fun! Enjoy!
Caroline

We have 8 eggs under 2 broodies that are due to hatch tuesday or wendesday also!!
ya.gif

Also getting our first batch of meaties (25) on wednesday or thursday. We've put the broodies into a brooder this last weekend and they seem calm and happy. Hopefully they're ready to have 30+ babies!!

Back
Top Bottom