my first BLUE YaY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by evonne, Jan 11, 2010.

1. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    i have a nice olive green layer named lucy, she's molting right now, but today i found ......
    [​IMG]

i'm ssoo excited.. this one is such a pretty blue.. i was assuming i'd get shades of green from them, the blue is unexpected and pretty...
    i have 2 more EE's who based on combs i'm hoping lay blue or green eggs... now i gotta catch this one in the act so i know who it is.. lol..

[​IMG]

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    [​IMG]

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    so exiting!!!!!!!!!

5. sotelomary

sotelomary Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice egg! Oh, I so want a blue one! I have one EE that lays the olive color and the other EE hasn't started laying yet. I hope I get a blue one! But with my luck it probably will be green.[​IMG]

6. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley
    Congrats on your first blue-we got blue eggs for a short time until my dog killed the one and only blue egger we had! Now I just have an olive green layer-hope you get lots! I pine for blue eggs-they are so pretty!

7. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Congrats! Beautiful egg!

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wow, beautiful!

9. SJensen

SJensen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    South Surrey
    Quote:Hi -- I'm new to EEs -- how do you tell what color eggs they might lay based on their combs?

10. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Quote:Hi -- I'm new to EEs -- how do you tell what color eggs they might lay based on their combs?

they say the pea comb is linked to the blue egg gene... i have 6 EE pullets.. 2 have taller combs and they are laying a pinkish/terracotta/tan color egg.. and my othe 4 have the smaller peacomb, and so far 2/4 have the blue egg gene.. 1 is a light olive, and now this one is blue.. it's almost green, but i still consider it in the blue, if i ahd a green to put next to it you'd see the blue more... can't wait for my lucy to lay her greens again and these otehr 2 to start so i can see their colors...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by